Long time ago
- On the lake where droop'd the willow (First line of text:)
- Boston (33 Court St., Boston): Henry Prentiss, c1839
Creators and Contributors:
- S. P. T.
- Morris, George Pope, 1802-1864
- Henry Prentiss (Music publisher)
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (3,  p.) : ill. ; 34 cm.
- General notes:
- For solo voice (ATTB)
- Cover title.
- "'Long Time Ago' was rooted deep in the negro past ... Made over into a sentimental song, it became one of Morris's most popular hits, 'Near the Lake Where Drooped the Willow'"--Series of Old American Songs, no. 18 / Brown University Library.
- Pages 1-2 are unnumbered.
- Cover illustration: lithograph of lake scene with willow tree and memorial urn / BC.
- "T. Moore's Lithography, Boston."
- Other notes:
- arranged for four voices & inscribed to O.W.W. by S.P.T.
- Popular music -- United States
- Death songs
- African Americans -- Music